Effective April 30, 2016
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR OUR INTERACT WITH OUR SERVICES. We receive and store any information you provide to us when you set up an account such as your username, password, an email address or a mobile phone number. We may collect additional information you choose to provide that will be publicly visible on our Service like your name, profile picture and certain other profile information. And when you contact us or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you volunteer.
WHEN YOU USE OR CONDUCT ACTIVITY THROUGH THE SERVICE. We collect information about your activity through the Services, including the content that you provide and related data (such as if you have liked or commented on a post, and the metadata that is provided with the content), how you interact with features of the Service (such as which filters you apply to a Moment), how and when you communicate with other users of our Service (such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message), the number of messages you exchange with other users and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot). We also collect device information such as access times, pages viewed, IP address, hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number if you chose to provide it to us) and other device information that will help us diagnose and troubleshoot problems in the event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services.
WHEN YOU ALLOW US ACCESS TO YOUR ADDRESS BOOK, MICROPHONE AND PHOTOS ON YOUR DEVICE. We may collect information about your contacts from your device’s address book. Our Services require us to collect audio and other information from your device’s microphone and photos once you have allowed us access. You can find new POPSUGAR users to follow by searching by name or looking up friends in your address book.
WHEN YOU TURN ON LOCATION. When you have allowed us access to your mobile device’s location, we may collect information about your precise geo-location. With location enabled you can add special filters showing your speed, altitude or the current temperature. Please see our section on “What Choices Do I Have?” under the subheading “Geo-Location” for information on how to limit the location information.
WHEN YOU PROVIDE THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT INFORMATION. If you provide or connect your third-party account credentials to an account with the Service, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us. For example, when you connect with Facebook, we receive and collect your name, email address and profile photo.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the mobile application and view content faster.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
· OTHER POPSUGAR USERS. We may share public information about you, such as your username and profile picture; information about how you have interacted with the Services, such as names of other POPSUGAR users you are friends with and whether you have friends in common; additional information you have permitted us to share, such as when you allow us to access your device’s address book, we may share with other users who have your name in their device address book; and the photos and videos that you post or send may be shared with other individual POPSUGAR users or all POPSUGAR users depending on your chosen settings.
· AFFILIATED BUSINESSES. We may share information with our parent company and affiliated companies. In certain situations, businesses with which we are affiliated may provide services to you through our Services (either alone or jointly with us) and we will share your information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
· AGENTS. We employ other third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to perform work on our behalf
· BUSINESS TRANSFERS. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
· PROTECTION OF POPSUGAR AND OTHERS. We may access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; or protect the rights, property, or safety of POPSUGAR, its affiliated companies and their respective employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
· USER PROFILES AND SUBMISSIONS. Certain user profile information such as a user’s name, any video or image content that you have uploaded or a comment to another user’s post to the Services may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Service.
· AGGREGATED INFORMATION. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
· WITH YOUR CONSENT. We may share your information in other circumstances with your consent.
HOW ELSE COULD MY INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES WITH LINKS?
The Services may also contain third-party links or include third-party integrations. By going to those links or using the third-party integration, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
IS MY CONTENT DELETED IF IT IS NOT VIEWABLE?
The Moments that you capture using our mobile application remain stored on our servers even if they are no longer viewable in your profile or your follower’s feed after 24 hours. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?
HOW DO WE USE COOKED AND WEB BEACONS?
“Cookies” are small data file identifiers that are transferred to your computer or mobile web browser that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and transfer information about you and your use of our Services. For example, cookies that we use tell us how many times you have visited our website, and if you have clicked on an advertisement that has been displayed to you. We use “persistent” cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Services. We also use “session ID” cookies to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session ID cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from a Service and close your browser.
We, and third parties with whom we partner, may also deliver a file known as a web beacon, pixel or pixel tag (“Web Beacons”) to you through our Services from an ad network. Web Beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service interface or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service interface, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to determine if an email has been opened and acted upon. Web Beacons allow ad networks and service providers that we use to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us, for advertisers and our other partners. Web Beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and Web Beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
HOW DO WE USE THIRD-PARTY ONLINE ADVERTISING OR ANALYTICS?
Some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), each of which offers a single location to opt out of receiving tailored ads from its member companies. To opt out of information collection by NAI member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit the NAI consumer opt out page located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. To opt out of information collection by DAA member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit the DAA consumer choices page located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
· CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION. You may add or update information in your user profile, or make your profile private, which limits other POPSUGAR users who can see the information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. The information you can view, update, or delete may change as the Services change.
· GEO-LOCATION. You may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of your geo-location information. Please note that if you disable the sharing of your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services.
· PUSH NOTIFICATIONS. You may adjust the “Settings” on your mobile device to disable push notifications for which you would like to stop receiving such notifications.
· EMAIL. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference by contacting us at email@example.com, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in an email that we send to you.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained through our Services. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons or hardware or software failure.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK
We currently do not participate in any "Do Not Track" frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
SERVICES NOT DIRECTED TO CHILDREN
The Services are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94104, ATTN: POPSUGAR Inc., Legal Department.